The mission of Base Camp Studio is to provide a sustainable and supportive space that builds a healthy community by cultivating creativity, self-awareness, personal growth, and interpersonal understanding through the arts.
n. A safe place to gather and begin your adventure.
Base Camp Studio is equipped with all the supplies and materials needed to begin the life-long journey of exploration through the arts.
Most individuals, organizations, non-profits and schools acknowledge that the arts are beneficial and even crucial to development and overall well-being. When the arts are not directly tied to the mission of an organization, however, funding is seldom available for such programs. Because Base Camp Studio’s sole mission is to cultivate creativity and provide opportunities for engagement in the arts, we can be the “base camp” for other organizations, providing a space and bringing art opportunities to those who can benefit.
• Provide accessible and affordable opportunities to safely engage in the art making process and explore various art media for toddlers through adults.
• Bridge a gap in social service by reaching out to underserved populations.
• Facilitate creative expression and self-exploration, encouraging a life-long discovery process through the arts.
• Improve health and emotional well-being through artistic expression.
• Create meaningful and long-lasting relationships.
• Build community through the shared experiences of art making.
• Bring together all members of community by providing a space that celebrates diversity in age, gender, culture, and experience.
• Utilize art media and exhibitions to promote social change.
• Give back to our community by partnering with our neighbors and enhancing the over-all vision for Bend and our progressive sustainable future.
• Communicate program results and studio challenges and successes to Donors and Partners. Evaluate our work with relation to our mission and core values.